Sunday, August 06, 2006

Progress Update

Here I am, hard at work.... well, not really - I pinched the picture from the Internet since I dont have any screenshots that I can post at the moment.

Im still working on things, but dont have a lot of progreess that I can show right now. Rest assured that Im working on it, and you will see the results sometime soon.

The main thing I have been doing in the last week or so is slowly piecing together all the small bits of script that I have collected, along with some of my own ideas, in order to produce a script that can drive all of the features that I have in mind.

For the moment, Im working on the basics - lights, drivers, doors etc. I will be able to use these functions in all of the traincars that Im currently working on - the 86 class, the Tangara, and even in the side project, which is still coming along slowly, with the animations done, and just a little tweaking of the mesh still to do, before I can finally finish it off with a little scripting.

Scripting doesnt lend itself too well to screenshots, so although I dont have much to show for the last couple of weeks work, I do have some code that is now beginning to take the shape which I had in mind. Bear with me, I'll have things to show you all again soon. Posted by Picasa

No comments: