Tuesday, November 29, 2005

S Set Cab Update

The S Set cab is coming along slowly. I just realised that its for a Comeng type, due to its shape, but I should be able to detach everything and slice it up a little to make the flat faced Goninan type cab fairly easily.

It doesnt look much different to the last photo, but believe me, GMAX is deceptive that way... you just dont see the hours that went into something that looks as simple as this update.

I lost a whole day trying to figure out how to fix a problem I was having with the gmax boolean tool. It left the window sills as I wanted on two windows, but on others it either lost part of the sill, or it didnt produce it at all. I finally deleted the broken bits of window sill, and extruded new ones, which bunched up the polygons a bit, but a smooth modifier fixed that.

As you can see, Im also doing the guards area. I havnt figured out how to change cameras in Trainz yet (I havnt really tried) but I believe you can place a camera at the observer's point of view, so you will be able to see the guards perspective. I've yet to put in the driver's and guards seats, and some of the finer details (hand brake, door controls, light fixtures, HAL9000 (Black box) and some structural peices. Once that's done, I can put it aside until I get some pics of the controls. I have a couple of sources lined up for those.

The drivers compartment door will be propped open, as most drivers leave it this way. I cant blame them - their cabin is pretty small. I have a new appreciation for Sydney train drivers after modeling this.

Current poly count: 222. Now, its back to the Tangara for a while. I still havn't seen much of my wife :) Posted by Picasa

No comments: