Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Tangara Update

Ive started putting together the interior of the Tangara. There is still a lot more work to be done on the exterior, but this way its starting to look less like a brick and more like a train. I'll be adding the door level flooring and bulkheads next and then I can start laying down the floor of the lower level seating area. I havnt quite decided if I will keep the stair area open and model it, or whether I will cheat and slap a photo on either side of a bulkhead. Modeling it will probably look better, but will use up a few more polys, especially for the stairs and railings.

Ive been doing a little experimenting, and reading as many tutorials as I can get my hands on (even the Flight Simulator ones - I learned a neat trick from an FS tutorial that helped me solve a problem with the S Set cab, and just tonight I discovered the "Flip" button which helped me put in the curved interior walls seen above.

At work today, I figured out how to model the skirt (purple section) as it is flat over the wheels, but curved in other places. I think it will be a lot easier than I originally imagined, but Im going to have to delete the purple block and create it again to give it some properties that it needs first. (apparently "Editable Mesh" isnt so editable after all :)

Current poly count: 178 Posted by Picasa

No comments: