Monday, February 13, 2006

Tangara Progress

Here is a bit of a close up showing some of the internal detail. Ignore the colours, I havnt textured it yet. I also havnt done the windows or handrails. This week, Ive been working on the bogie.

Thanks to David who gave me the proper wheel measurement, Ive now got the diameter right. I also found a few other dimensions in the OSC spec... tread width, back to back distance, etc.

I made a completely new axle/wheel model and imported it into the Tangara. The bogie required a lot of fiddling about with verticies, which took a lot of time - part of the problem was that Im working from photohraphs and as I discovered new things, I had to move some of the older bits that I had built. It includes the frame, the axle boxes and the axles and wheels. I wanted to get the frame looking right, which is what took most of the time. It also absorbed a lot of polys, so I didnt get around to adding things like brakes and other running gear. I may revise it later as it does look a little bare. Ive built a trailer bogie, and I will decide later if I am going to use that one for the motor car, or build a seperate motor bogie. I may end up just using the same bogie for both, given its already high poly count. At the moment the whole bogie package is about 2400 polys.

In the picture you can see one of the upstairs seats, and the vestibule panel that I did a week or so ago. Not a lot has changed on the interior recently. I want to tweak the seats a bit more at some stage.

Yesterday was the Sydney Goods Yard tour. Not being a morning person I was a little worried that I would not make the 7:50am departure from Central (despite living only 10 mins away). I was right. I went to bed earlier than usual and set my alarm for 6:30am. I woke up at around 5:30am and couldnt sleep. The next thing I knew was when I woke up again at 10:15am. The alarm didnt go off and I have no idea why - it was still set and ready to go when I woke up. I have been known to sleep through it, but my wife would definately have woken up if it had sounded.

Oh well. In not worried about the money that I paid, as far as Im concerned its a donation to a good cause. Im more annoyed with myself for not waking up earlier. I had thought about getting up at 5:30am when I couldnt sleep, but figured I would try to get the extra hour if I could.

It works out better for you, because I spent all of Sunday working on the bogie :)

Polly Count: 6400
File Version: 198

Lots of extra saves to get around a particular Gmax bugs saw the file count shoot way up. Posted by Picasa

No comments: