Thursday, January 25, 2007

NSW Catenary

Ive had this on my project list for a while now. One of the guys on the Trainz forum who is working on the Cityrail project asked for catenary, and I figured I could help out, and added it to my list. I figured it was about time I actually started on it.

Ive knocked out the first variation. There are quite a few more to go, but hopefully they will be easy, since I now have the main components made, and only need to work on the differences for each variation.

Obviously the Tangara comes first, but I wanted to show a little progress on these.

I have yet to texture this one, and test it in Trainz, but I will do that soon. Once I have it looking the way I want, I will work on the rest, in-between working on everything else, and release them when I have enough variations to build a decent overhead system.

I plan to add tension weights and anchors, as well as dual track (dual mast and gantry versions) and will also do a few "glue" pieces to join things together, such as wire only etc.

This one is a 40m inner arm version. The polly count is a little higher than I'd hoped, due to the I-beam and insulators, but I thought it was important to capture those - especially the I-beam, as it makes our masts distinctive.

File Version: 01
Poly Count: 209

Note: The poly count shown here is for the gmax model in progress. The count will generally be higher than that of the finished in-game model since it includes various tools, jigs, and other pieces which may not be part of the final model. LOD modelling will further reduce in-game polygons.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ohhhhhh looks intersting! sounds like you got the idear with the diffent types of overhead, will go well with the sydney network im doing.