Friday, March 31, 2006

Sun sets on Melbourne's 4D

Seen here enjoying its last sunset, the 4D was finally scrapped yesterday.

Despite the secrecy several photographers turned out, and posted their photos online almost immediately. A friend in Melbourne emailed me several links as they appeared, on various discussion groups, and it was almost like watching it happen.

You'll find the best pictures here, here, and here.

On the up-side, I now have more photos to use as reference, and now have the 4D covered from every angle (including shedding some light on a few Tangara mysteries)

Its sad to see it go, and it will be missed, but I will do my best to reproduce it in Trainz, even more accurately now than I had originally planned (since I now have better photos to work from). Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hay too bad Melbourne got their look the same Tangaras. Pus can't you beileve it we got them in the 80s and we still havent scarped them! well apart from that terrible acadance at Waterfall!