Monday, December 05, 2005

No time for Trainz anymore

Now that I've committed myself to building the Tangara, I dont have time to actually play with Trainz or build a route anymore :( Gmax sure is a time consumer, but it will be worth it in the end.

I've cut out the doors and side windows for the drivers cabin and connected a few places that needed a surface. Most of this is being built with planes, which are one-way, meaning if you look at them from the back, you can't see them, so when you build a wall, you have to build both sides and fill the top and bottom gaps. Thats a basic example. Yes, I am using boxes where they are appropriate. The lower deck is a box with the top cut off, making it into five planes - see what I mean?

I also built a basic two-seater Tangara seat as an experiment. It turned out ok, but might be a bit small. I can scale it later.

You might have noticed that I changed the template for this page. I spent a bit of time tweaking it, and you will see a list of projects on the right. More needs to be done to finish the template, and that will happen over time. I also reorganised the forum banner, as I found that it wasn't showing up half of the time. Its now on my own web server, and seems to be working. While I was working on the new template, I also changed the name and URL of this site. The banner points to the new URL - you seem to have found it ok.

Mikkk asked me if I could do some South Coast style overhead wire, so that was added to the list. I'll start on that when I get some photos - either from Mikkk, or if I happen to be out and in the right place. I'll start on the single pole, and probably also do a double. Any others will be by request. I joined the AusTrainz mailing list and had a look at their wish list. I'll see what I can do.

I will probably do a little more work on the S Set cab soon, I'll post updates as it progresses. I should really do some more on the Train Stop, as that is the simplest of all, and would probably get me a DLS Contributor flag faster... that is if CMP will let me upload it... Im in no rush.

Current Poly count on the Tangara: About 570 Posted by Picasa

No comments: