Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Time Flies

They say "Time flies like the wind", but I say "Fruit Flys like banannas". This weekend has gone by really fast. I guess its because Ive been doing other things as well as working on the Tangara.

You may wonder why I tend to summaise the weekend's progress on Monday night (or Tuesday morning, which is usually the case). Its because I have a 3 day weekend. I dont work on Mondays, so to me, Monday night is when my weekend finishes, and by the time I get around to posting an update, its usually Tuesday morning.

Anyway, I have tweaked the window frames on the upper deck again. They fit a little better now, and the rest of my time has been spent working on the vestibule at the rear. From this angle, you can see the vestibule ceiling which I added just a few minutes ago. You can also almost see one of the vestibule seats. I have installed them as well. The floor is there too, but you cant see it from this angle. I considered posting a shot of just the interior, but given that Im deleting back facing planes to reduce poly count (meaning that you can see through the walls that normally wouldnt be seen from the viewing angle) its hard to get any spatial bearings for your eye to interpret the image. When Im working on the interior my eyes often play 3D tricks on me and turn the whole interior structure inside out. It takes me a few minutes to mentally flip it around so that it makes sense again - and I built it!. I imagine that many people looking at an interior only picture wouldnt be able to see it the right way around, so it wouldnt make any sense to them. With the outer body in place, you cant see much of the interior work that I have been doing, so thats not optimal either, but at least the image makes sense when you look at it.

Now that Im starting on the interior structure, I feel like it wont be too long before the model is finished, but dont get excited, there is still a lot of fine detail, scripting, and testing to be done once the model is finished, and I havnt even mentioned building the trailer yet.

Poly count: About 1800.
File version: 86 Posted by Picasa

No comments: