Thursday, December 08, 2005

Train Stop

Ok, so here is the pic of the Train Stop that I wanted to post yesterday. Windows finally finished resyncing the RAID array, and now I can access my drives again.

I have a little bit to finish, and then its off to the texture factory for a coat of paint. Then after a brief stop at the scripting works, it should be ready for testing. Its animated, and will follow the signal its attached to.

Its great having little things like this one to do. It breaks up the monotony. Ive been staring at the Tangara for days now, every little moment of spare time I get. Having small projects like this one allow me to step back and focus on something else for a while. The catenary will be my relief when this one is finished, and then when thats done, I have another small project (a couple of buffer stops) that I can switch to.

The main buffer will be the big wooden type, like those seen at Sydney Terminal. Constructed with 9 inch square posts, (Basically 2 sleepers together) they are fairly solid. There is also one at the north eastern corner of Central Electric, and a slightly simpler version at Bomaderry (Norwa). Im planning to do both types.

Time is the biggest problem. I keep announcing my ideas here, and adding things to the list, knowing that it will be months before some of them see the light of day. I guess I just have to keep at it.

But right now... I have some real work to do. Posted by Picasa

No comments: