Friday, December 16, 2005

A quick update

A quick update this time, to show tonights progress on the Tangara. Ive tweaked a few bits and cut out the windows and center panels on both the interior and exterior. The roof still has a few divits that need fixing after the cutting, but the guys in the panel shop tell me that they can sort that out fairly quickly :). A couple of days work on the body / interior and I should be able to start on the finer detail, such as the upper deck and upper, lower and vestibule seating. I also have a bit of detail to add to the drivers compartment, and I have to construct the gangway, and doors at the rear of the carriage. Hopefully I should have the structure finished by Xmas, and can start on the detail in the new year. Poly count is at around 1600. It will shoot up when I start adding the detail (think 96 seats) but Ive seen steam locos at 28000 polys in the forums, and this will be nowhere near that, when completed. Looking forward to my trip to ARHS on Saturday.

No comments: