Wednesday, December 07, 2005

A real Tangara

Here's a picture of a real Tangara. Im having some computer problems, and without boring you with all the details, Windows Software Raid really sucks when its resyncing the mirror. Thats going to take a few more hours, and while its doing that, my disk performance is pretty bad. I can access folders, but if I try to access the drive (as a whole) the system just locks up. That means I cant save any screen shots because when Gimp tries to build its list of drives and folders for me to save to, it locks up too. Compare this to my Linux boxes, and I never really even notice EVMS when its syncing multiple mirrors at the same time!!

Gmax is working fine, except that periodically the whole computer freezes for a few seconds, which is driving me crazy. Hopefully all will be well again tomorrow, after the resync is finished. Then I just have to fix the Bios problem... ugh!

Im taking a break from the Tangara and have been working on the Train Stop. I wanted to upload a screenshot. The model is almost ready for texturing. There is just a little more to do first. So far its 190 polys. I should be able to finish the model fairly soon, then I just have to build the config file, write a script for it, and finally test it out in Trainz. After testing (and tweaking) I can upload it and then I will finally be a DLS contributor, and get the little flag in the forums. Yay! :) Posted by Picasa

No comments: